east hampton indoor tennis, lessons, club, training
27east.com

Story - News

Apr 11, 2018 10:31 AMPublication: The Southampton Press

Firefighters Battle Roof Blaze At Lulu Kitchen

Members of the Sag Harbor and East Hampton Fire Departments battle a fire on the roof of the Lulu Kitchen & Bar on Main Street. COURTESY MICHAEL HELLER
Apr 11, 2018 4:18 PM

Firefighters battled a blaze at Lulu Kitchen & Bar on Main Street in Sag Harbor Tuesday night.

Sag Harbor Volunteer Fire Department Chief Bruce Schiavoni said he believes the fire was sparked by one of the restaurant’s stoves and spread to the roof via the building’s exhaust system.

Firefighters were called to the scene at around 9:25 p.m., with Sag Harbor Village Police, Sag Harbor Volunteer Ambulance and East Hampton Fire Department members responding to the scene as well.

Mr. Schiavoni said firefighters had to cut holes into the roof and walls on the second floor to get access and put out the fire. He said that the fire was brought under control by the department within 20 minutes and finally extinguished after about 40 minutes.

The restaurant was open at the time of the fire, though Mr. Schiavoni said there were no injuries.

Both the first and second floor of the building sustained water damage, leading to the restaurant being currently closed.

Marc Rowan, the owner of Lulu, did not return a request seeking comment.

You have read 1 of 7 free articles this month.

Yes! I'll try a one-month
Premium Membership
for just 99¢!
CLICK HERE

Already a subscriber? LOG IN HERE

harbor hot tubs,