Charles Schwab, Michael Illari, Southampton, Hamptons

Real Estate Center

'Royal Pains' Looking For Local Extras

Publication: The East Hampton Press & The Southampton Press
  Apr 9, 2011 8:40 PM

Grant Wilfley Casting has put out the call for local talent for the USA television series “Royal Pains.” Several scenes will be shot in the area during the month of April.

The casting agency is looking for “upscale Hamptonites” for extra and background performer roles. Types being cast include wealthy vacationers, young and attractive bar patrons, boaters who are comfortable on the water and beachgoers.

“We welcome the local well-heeled community to get involved as background players,” Grant Wilfley, East Ender and president of Grant Wilfley Casting, Inc., said in a release issued on Tuesday.

Those interested should email a recent picture, height, weight and contact information to rps3@gwcnyc.com. Put “Hamptons LOCAL” in the subject line. Also, include union status, if applicable. Those who own luxury vehicles should also note that in the body of the email.

In other words, you're looking for all the pain in the neck people who come out here during the summer and NOT the real LOCAL people.
By ShelleyB (18), East Hampton on Apr 7, 11 2:06 PM
You mean they don't want any local hick types with jacked up rumble trucks, "If the call it tourist season, why can't we shoot 'em" bumper stickers and Earnheart window stickers?

Unfreakin beleivable!!

By C Law (288), Water Mill on Apr 7, 11 2:16 PM
2 members liked this comment
I totally understand the "Local vs. Tourist" situation, but if people wish to be included in the show, then it doesn't matter where they live. Casting companies go on "Looks" and by that I mean faces that have character in them depending on the role they are casting. I live and work locally but I also am a part-time actor, so this article is beneficial for me. I also have been a local for 11 yrs, having moved out East from The Bronx, so I see both sides of the coin.
By MattO916 (2), Hampton Bays on Apr 7, 11 3:01 PM
When I referred to "LOCALS" I mean the people who live and work here year round, who own or work at the local businesses and support them, not just the "hicks" as CLaw put it. Not all locals are hicks! Personally I'd rather have some of those "hicks" as friends because they're true friends, not false ones who step all over people to get to the top. Good luck Matt0916 hope you're successful in your acting career.
By ShelleyB (18), East Hampton on Apr 7, 11 3:15 PM
You understand my comment was made in jest, no?
By C Law (288), Water Mill on Apr 7, 11 7:14 PM
I agree with you...Not all "locals" are "hicks". I was only commentig on the "Us vs. Them" mentality that many people have out East. It's an ongoing theme I have noticed. Thanks for the good wishes too, but even after I submitted for the Extra Role...I didn't get a call...LOLOL....I don't think I am the kind of Local they are looking for. I am not Rich! PS - @CLaw...I understood you were joking. Be well all!!!
By MattO916 (2), Hampton Bays on Apr 10, 11 4:05 PM
I remember when "local", meant you only had to go down the street, for your birth certificate.
By Mr. Z (6225), North Sea on Apr 7, 11 3:19 PM
Yes, These days It seems birth certificates are no where to be found
By joe hampton (1811), south hampton on Apr 8, 11 9:37 AM
C'mon joe.

Putting Trump in the White House, would be like electing Lex Luthor.
By Mr. Z (6225), North Sea on Apr 8, 11 9:14 PM
2 members liked this comment
Local used to mean generations, and most treated people "From Away" very poorly. There is a much more diverse population now and it is more friendly than thirty five years ago when I move here.
By Bandguy (23), Sag Harbor on Apr 7, 11 8:16 PM
At least they are actually filming the show in the Hamptons this time and not in the Estates iof Oyster Bay and Great Neck
Thats good for the Economy , why does everyone always see the need to complain, be thankful that they will need extras and some people will get work.
By shock (70), whb on Apr 7, 11 9:09 PM
The kind of "locals" that theyre looking for dont need to work.
It's very clear that the announcement is saying only the rich need apply.
By ts (71), southampton on Apr 8, 11 12:25 AM
While the bulk of the first two seasons were filmed in Nassau County as you note, Shock, there are many "pick-up" shots wwhich have been filmed in Southampton and East Hampton.

I suspect that while may they plan some more street and estate "sets" on the East End this season -- on balance, most of the interiors will be in Nassau County.
By Frank Wheeler (1267), Northampton on Apr 8, 11 3:07 PM
Oh bummer, I was excited for a second until I read the article. You should of put "Tourist" or "Seasoner" in the title rather than "Local". Or even "Well-heeled" so others won't get the wrong idea.
By YesYesBub (58), East Hampton on Apr 7, 11 9:16 PM
p.s. that show sucks
By johnj (226), Westhampton on Apr 8, 11 8:18 AM
Well, I'm out. I don't look rich. I'm not young and attractive, and I get seasick on boats. Sigh. But, it will be amusing to see who makes it onto the show. Probably they'll all be real estate agents, many look the part and have "luxury" vehicles. Johnj's right, the show's not very good, but I wish Matt0916 luck in landing a part!
By goldenrod (505), southampton on Apr 8, 11 11:12 AM
I own a restored 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer that would go perfect for this shoot. www.1991jeepgrandwagoneer.com
By PA (1), wantagh on Apr 8, 11 9:06 PM
No ABS, no BS.

Just a simple vehicle, with a PLC to run the engine.

I made my decision, I'm tradin in my 21st century OBD II POS, for an '86 XJ...
By Mr. Z (6225), North Sea on Apr 8, 11 9:17 PM
My 1987 Chevy Blazer will be perfect for the beach shots. It has that lived-in look much sought after by set stylists. A little recent avalanche damage, too.
By Montaukette (46), Waterland on Apr 11, 11 5:32 AM
What a wonderful opportunity Grant Wilfrey Casting has vouchsafed to
East End residents. There are, however, some lacunae in the press release.

I hesitate to introduce plebeian concerns such as money but I assume that the casting director is offering actors' equity minimums for individuals, unionized or nonunionized, and for personal vehicles used as props in the production, to wit: $$275 /hr/or/appearance for non-speaking roles and $$550 hr/ or appearance for speaking roles; and ...more
By highhatsize (2114), East Quogue on Apr 10, 11 12:25 AM
Would my 1989 Chevy pickup qualify as a classic car? Ralph Lauren was selling vintage pickups a while back as an accessory to a country themed clothing line he was selling that year. I remember some summer person out here bought one and was driving it all around proud as punch, certain he looked like landed gentry. Pretty funny.
By goldenrod (505), southampton on Apr 11, 11 11:20 AM
Only until he got out, wearing Ralph Lauren, and penniles loafers, with no socks.
By Mr. Z (6225), North Sea on Apr 19, 11 4:12 PM