Hampton Kids, Kids Enrollment,

Restaurant owner robbed in Westhampton Beach

Publication: The Southampton Press
By Jessica DiNapoli   Oct 20, 2008 11:15 AM

The owner of a Main Street restaurant in Westhampton Beach was robbed at gunpoint early Sunday morning, according to Village Police Chief Ray Dean.

Two men—at least one of whom was armed with a revolver—held the owner of the Post Stop Cafe at gunpoint at approximately 12:30 a.m. while they robbed about $3,500 in cash from her. Chief Dean said that police are still trying to determine whether or not both men had guns.

At the time of the robbery, only the owner of the cafe was in the restaurant, Chief Dean said.

Police have not yet made any arrests and are currently investigating the incident.

Westhampton Beach Village Police, Quogue Village Police, Southampton Town Police Department and the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene.

Chief Dean urged anyone with information about the incident to contact village police at (631) 288-3444.

I was saddened early this week to have heard the news of the robbery at the Post Stop. Sandy is an upstanding local businessperson and a pleasant woman. Hopefully the assailants will be aprehended quickly. As two local business owners, if funds are raised for a reward count myself and my wife Kathy in. Our best to Sandy.
Mike Lennon
By daddrums (6), Westhampton on Oct 22, 08 10:03 PM
So sorry for the proprietor in this incident...hope she recovers from the trauma soon as she can...

It seems that 'gone are the innocent days' of the Hamptons - our own proximity to urban blight, over building and the downturn of the economy is only going to increase incidents like this one...lock your doors people...and get a dog!
By Vikki K (56), Southampton on Oct 23, 08 12:50 PM
Sandy,

Our hearts and thoughts are with you. Cheryl and I will drop by this weekend for a hug and dinner.

Mike, I agree with everything you said. Please count me in on the "reward."

Vikki, I think you're being a bit dramatic.
By Glenn Dorskind (3), Westhampton on Oct 23, 08 5:55 PM
Sandy,

I just heard the awful news today while I was at work today. I hope that you are okay and staying strong. I am truly upset about these petty animals that could do that. What cowards!!! I am so "MAD" If you need anything let me know. I will call in the next coming days.

Jermain
By jhollman (1), New York on Oct 23, 08 6:21 PM
Time to get a NYS pistol permit.
By PrivateerMatt (390), Southampton on Oct 25, 08 6:36 PM
"Time to get a NYS pistol permit."

By Frank Wheeler (1261), Northampton on Oct 25, 08 7:09 PM
" And do what, Matt? Personal security is much more than mindess utterances like that! "

" ...a mindless utterance..." ??? I think you're confused , frank wheeler.Its a fact that criminals avoid armed citizens.Educate yourself.
By PrivateerMatt (390), Southampton on Oct 28, 08 11:57 AM