It’s time to assess Jay!
1. Can you realistically sell your home for the assessed value that the town says it is worth?
2. Does the town turn a blind eye to the multifamily use of single-family homes, impacting your school taxes?
3. Has Jay ever set foot in Flanders, Riverside, Northampton or Wildwood Lake?
4. How many of the highest-paying town positions are held by people from outside Southampton Town? Do they really commute in town-owned vehicles?
5. Is there a lack of talent in Southampton—or does Jay just prefer outsiders like himself?
6. Why is affordable housing unaffordable for most town employees?
7. Would police response times be quicker if there were more officers and fewer empty police vehicles parked in the Hampton Bays police station, the Bridgehampton Commons substation, the North Haven Village Hall and the Sagaponack Village Hall?
8. Is it true that the Southampton Town comptroller is the highest-paid in all of Suffolk County’s 10 towns?
9. Can you exit your driveway and your road and get to appointments on time? Could traffic control officers be better utilized?
10. Does Jay prefer pickle ball to being our town supervisor?
Greg RobinsNorth SeaMr. Robins is the Republican candidate for Southampton Town supervisor—Ed.
To see what’s new, click “Start the Tour” to take a tour.
We welcome your feedback. Please click the
“contact/advertise” link in the menu bar to email us.
One fine body…