Everyone experiences conflict. Few know how to find peace again and make troubled relationships stronger than ever before. Join us at South Bay Bible Church, 578 Montauk Highway, East Moriches, starting Saturday, March 7, at 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, March 8, at 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. for War & Peace.
In this five-part study, Pastor Hawley will identify the common pitfalls in relationships and provide practical solutions to restore harmony. Changing the way we deal with conflict can lead to genuine peace and reconciliation in your harshest exchanges.
“Peace at home, work, with family, friends, and even enemies is not only possible but closer than you might think,” says Martin Hawley, pastor. “These messages of hope will help you find the way to peace in the most challenging relationships.”
This series comprises the following messages:
1. God’s Priority & Our Priority (1 Peter 4:8; Matthew 5:23-25; Ephesians 4:26-27; 4:15) – March 7-8: There’s one thing that destroys relationships more than anything else. It’s the same thing at home, work, with friends, or casual acquaintances. If you get this one thing right, you will be far ahead of most when it comes to peaceful relationships.
2. Get the Log Out (Matthew 7:3-4; Philippians 2:3-4; Ephesians 4:32) – March 14-15: When things get heated, people are naturally quick to judge the actions, attitudes, heart, and even intentions of others. Following this one principle will ensure you have the right heart from the start.
3. Confessing Sin (Matthew 7:3-5; 1 John 1:8-9; Proverbs 28:13) – March 21-22: There’s one approach that brings refreshment in almost every conflict, but where usually not very good at it. Learn seven things that will change your entire approach and provide you the best chance of restoring peace and harmony in your relationships.
4. Forgiveness (Ephesians 4:32; Matthew 6:12; 1 Corinthians 13:5) – March 28-29: Sometimes, relationships are so destroyed and offenses so severe there is only one thing left to do. When you get this one thing right, it changes everything!
5. Getting Help with Conflict (Matthew 18) – April 4-5: When you’re in over your head, there is an unexpected resource that just about everyone overlooks. Even if you know it exists, pride and fear often play a significant role in keeping you from getting the help you need. When you push through, however, you will succeed in any conflict.
As a non-denominational Christian church, South Bay Bible Church was started in 2006 with the mission to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The church is dedicated to creating environments where people are encouraged to pursue intimacy with God, community with insiders, and influence with outsiders. To find out more about South Bay Bible Church and their upcoming events, please visit southbaychurchli.org.
About South Bay Bible Church: South Bay Bible Church is a non-denominational Christian church known for Biblical messages applicable to everyday life. The church meets at 578 Montauk Highway in East Moriches, NY. The church’s mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our service schedule includes three convenient times: Saturday night at 5:00 and Sunday morning at 9:00 and 11:00, and online anytime. A nursery and children’s church are available. For more information, go to southbaychurchli.org, call (631) 909-8241, Facebook, or Twitter @sbbcli.
To see what’s new, click “Start the Tour” to take a tour.
We welcome your feedback. Please click the
“contact/advertise” link in the menu bar to email us.
One fine body…