Recently, veterans from VFW Post 5350 in Westhampton Beach, American Legion Post 924 in Hampton Bays, and American Legion Post 388 in Sag Harbor wrote to the Southampton Town Board and lobbied for “military and veterans” designated parking in the township. I am pleased to announce that a resolution was brought forth and a unanimous vote in favor of this parking was passed by the Town Board.
The following five locations were approved:
• Southampton Town Hall, 116 Hampton Road, Southampton.
• The Bridgehampton southwest municipal parking lot, located east of School Street and south of Montauk Highway, Bridgehampton.
• Adjacent to the Hampton Bays Post Office, 10 Ponquogue Avenue, Hampton Bays.
• Southampton Youth Services Inc., 1370A Majors Path, Southampton.
• Southampton Town Parks and Recreation Department, 6 Newtown Road, Hampton Bays.
Thank you, Southampton Town Board, for your unanimous support of this resolution. It is uplifting to see our local government set an example for others. This small gesture will reap great benefits for all — thanks again.
“All American” Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5350
To see what’s new, click “Start the Tour” to take a tour.
We welcome your feedback. Please click the
“contact/advertise” link in the menu bar to email us.
One fine body…