The Argument AgainstFacts matter:
1. Private community is an oxymoron.
2. No development has occurred or is viable without a golf course at the former “The Hills at Southampton.”
3. Permission to build a golf course is a gift to a developer.
4. The property was zoned 5 acres to limit density, and it worked.
5. Our Town Board voted it down, and the people confirmed it in the following election.
6. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few — limiting density limits pollution.
7. Creation of an East Quogue Village would allow another chance for a golf course. Hills employees are involved.
Michael MirinoEast Quogue
To see what’s new, click “Start the Tour” to take a tour.
We welcome your feedback. Please click the
“contact/advertise” link in the menu bar to email us.
One fine body…