This is a snapshot of some of the comments we have already received about this weekend’s virtual Drawdown event:
• “Tonight was the most impressive discussion I have ever heard.” (From a 75-year-old!)
• “This is the best thing I’ve ever been to. I can’t tear myself away.”
• “Super congratulations on an astonishing climate change event.”
• “Incredible, inspirational, uplifting and awesome weekend festival. It was truly amazing.”
• “As a woman who has planned numerous national and international conferences, I want to tell you why the festival was a huge success: international as well as domestic focus; use of intergenerational workers and speakers, making everyone feel included; from collegiate thinkers to local workers … chefs, farmers and the CEO of a cosmetic company — wow; integration of pop culture with academic facts; and ambitious and audacious optimism. I loved this festival and feel like I learned so much, grew in my commitments and feel united with others.”
• “What a remarkable weekend! An amazing blast of energy (without greenhouse gases!) for our community and beyond!”
Gratitude to our forward-looking Southampton Arts Center for bringing this Drawdown festival, “Tools For Regeneration: Forums! Fun! Films!” to our community in partnership with Drawdown East End, Carbon CREW Project and the world-renowned Australian “2040” filmmaker Damon Gameau. Southampton Arts Center, you are a unique organization for the East End, bringing programming that engages us locally and, this time around, engaged people from all over the globe.
This week, videos of all sessions from the festival will be available on the Southampton Arts Center’s YouTube channel. Tune in and you will find something awe-inspiring, too.
Time for us to join in and know we are the solution to climate change together.
Drawdown East End and Carbon CREW Project
One fine body…